Attitude of Gratitude Video
Here is a video dealing with gratitude that I found on vimeo. I like it for a few reasons.
1. It starts out with a musical number (Amazing Grace). I have a strong affinity for music and I am grateful anytime that I hear music played well.
2. At the 5:30 mark (5 minutes and 30 seconds into the video), there is a clip from “Walking Across Egypt” that shows a delightful engaging moment between a young man and someone who could be his grandmother (sorry – I have not yet seen the whole movie). In any case, he talks about how he thanked Tracy Willingham… I certainly was not expecting that to come out.
3. The remaining portion of the video is a sermon delivered from a stage – the drum set is behind him and it reminds me of a night club! Very progressive 🙂
4. Lastly, the person delivering the message is a young man who appears to be in his mid 20s. Very refreshing as well.
5. Be warned, however, this is a LONG video. About 44 minute or so.
If you want to view some other videos on gratitude her at A
llAboutGratitude.com, you can see them here.
Enjoy the upcoming weekend and work on your Attitude of Gratitude!
Walking Across Egypt is a marvelous video and the woman is NOT his grandmother but a person who took him in in times of trouble. This video speaks volumes to me because my son went through his own rough patch that landed him away from home for a bit.
Gratitude has become a way of life for me these days. I’m not saying it’s easy, but I find that my troubles drag me down a whole lot less when I am maintaining my gratitude attitude. I used to revisit old hurts a lot more (kind of like reopening a wound) and carried my pain right out front where everyone could see it. When I started working on my gratitude…I started to let go of old hurts, my mood swings were way less violent, and my anger levels dropped right off the charts. I am not saying I don’t get down now and then,-Lord knows life continues to happen-but I find it much easier to move forward, and much easier to learn from the
bad and find the good in nearly every situation. It seems like such a simplistic way to look at life, and the actual practice of living in gratitude is not always easy, but I find that life in general is a whole lot more beautiful when I do live in gratitude. I SEE clearer, I love more deeply, and more and more good things are coming my way. All because of learning to be grateful.
Thanks Paul, for maintaining this site, For sending the quotes, for writing your blogs, for sharing your gratitude, and for being so kind. You have helped me to live better, and I KNOW I am not the only one.
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Nick Carnes and new passion church, NP Missions. NP Missions said: RT @nickcarnes: Found this random blog with very kind words about @newpassion from one of our sermon videos he found: http://bit.ly/cbbyg4 […]