Find Gratitude & Happiness by Putting Others First
Feeling happiness and gratitude on a regular basis is good for you. People have long believed that what you put out into the world is what will be returned to you. When you are happy, you will experience more happiness. If you are crabby, you will see crabbiness in the world.Therefore, putting the needs of others first is certainly a great strategy for ensuring your long-term happiness and gratitude.
Here are 6 reasons why putting others first will increase your happiness and gratitude:
1. Develop closer relationships with others. Showing more consideration for others will naturally improve your relationships. People are more likely to reciprocate if you are kind. Even if they fail to return your generosity, you’ll be able to accept temporary disappointments more easily because your relationships will be grounded in a sincere regard for their welfare.
2. Reduce your stress levels. It’s exhausting trying to control every aspect of the world and it’s often frustrating because many things are beyond our control. Placing less importance on your own immediate gratification will help you feel more content no matter what occurs. Remember, the majority of the time, it is NOT all about you. Express your gratitude towards others and your stress levels will drop!
3. Promote a more compassionate society. By setting a good example, you may encourage others to look beyond their own needs. Your positive conduct can have a powerful impact on those around you. Changing the world happens one person at a time; you may as well start with yourself! My goal is to have every single person in the world express more gratitude! I have to start small and work my way up!
4. Protect yourself from depression. Recent studies show a disturbing rise in narcissism and a corresponding increased risk of depression. Putting others first is good for your emotional health. Healthy relationships and virtuous living are likely to make you far more content than depending on others for attention and trying to accumulate material possessions. While this may not cure someone who is clinically diagnosed with depression, it will certainly help; expressing gratitude will help stave off depression.
5. Develop empathy. The world’s population is approaching 7 billion. When you understand how we share more similarities than differences, it’s easy to understand the needs of others. Likewise, if you go around and share your gratitude with others, they may in turn, share their gratitude with you!
6. Make every task more meaningful. Even mundane tasks can feel rewarding if you see how they benefit others. For example, think about how recycling helps to protect the planet for future generations.
I hope these 6 tips help you understand the reason WHY putting others first will increase your happiness and gratitude. Tomorrow I will continue this topic and discuss HOW to start putting others first in your Daily Life.
Paul.The Gratitude Guru
These info are the most essential for better family, neighbors, at work and of course for society and long life, in everyday life if we realized first. Thanks Paul. It’s beautiful.
Nice message, Paul.
Some days it can really be a challenge putting others first. Those are the days when the payoff for doing so is greatest.