Yesterday I talked about having gratitude for whatever money situation you may be in. Rich or not so rich – be thankful for what you have.
Based on the comments from yesterday, it seems that some of you wanted some tips to help boost your financial situation. Thankfully, the financial peace you seek is right around the corner. You can experience the success others only dream about when you take small steps to conquer these three areas (there will be three more posted tomorrow):
1. Budgeting. Everyone knows they need a budget. In fact, you’ve probably heard this a thousand times! The good news is that setting up a workable family budget is simpler than you think. Many people feel that a budget is a restriction – the truth is that a budget allows you to allocate funds for the areas that you really want to spend the money. Picture the amount of gratitude you will have knowing that you are putting money towards the things you need and want! This first step to financial freedom will motivate you to use your finances as a tool to increase your happiness and pursue your dreams.
- Here is one important part… The key to any successful financial plan is to earn more money than you spend. The only way to do this is with a family budget. But once you know where you are and where you want to go, you’ll have a roadmap to get there and the confidence to know that anything is possible. Only a workable family budget can give you that confidence. I have taken a part-time job in the past in order to build up my bank account!
2. Saving Money.
Once you’ve created your roadmap to financial success, and you’re earning more than you spend, you now need the right strategies for saving money. Once you know the right steps to take, short-term and long-term savings will become a joy and the gratitude will be flowing like water!
- Your savings fund your dreams. When you begin to save toward the bright future you’ve always dreamed about, you’ll be excited to wake up every day and work toward those dreams. Your family will be excited, too! Hopeful rays of sunshine will replace the dark, gray clouds of financial obligation. Your gratitude will be starting to rise at levels you may not have seen in a long time!
- Starting a savings program will also bring you peace of mind, unlike anything you’ve ever experienced before. You’ll be able to take trips to the mailbox without knots in your stomach. When the phone rings, you’ll know that the person on the other end isn’t a bill collector. Your bills will be paid and your future will be secure. Close your eyes for a moment and think about how you would feel – would you be at a higher level of gratitude?
3. Credit. A key component in your roadmap to financial success is learning to use credit wisely. Credit, kept in its proper place in your financial life, can be a tool in your financial prosperity toolbox. Misused, however, credit can destroy your financial life.
- There’s hope when you learn when to use credit, how to use it wisely, and how to effectively manage your credit score. Taking positive steps toward effective credit management can ensure that your financial tomorrow is a bright one.
Tomorrow I will post 3 more steps that can help you get back on track. Remember that the overarching idea is that you need to be grateful for where you are financially right now! Where you are now is only a result of past decisions you made. If you do not like your current situation, change the decisions you are now making and you will end up with different results!
The Gratitude Guru