Would you argue that a life filled with gratitude and satisfaction is not a good life? Life is a beautiful journey that you only get the pleasure to enjoy once. Sure, you get many occasions to enjoy it, but only one life to live. For this reason, it’s important that you maximize your time on this earth by ensuring that you enjoy every single moment you can.
It’s the little things in life that bring you the most gratitude and joy. Some people believe that your level of personal happiness is dependent upon the actions of others. While contributions from your loved ones certainly can boost your spirits, the key to everyday satisfaction rests within your own hands.
1. Spend time alone with your partner. Love is one of the most potent prescriptions for happiness. Luckily, it’s free, enjoyable for both parties and readily available! Take advantage of the wonderful person you have by your side and spend as much quality time together as possible.
- If your schedules allow, plan a weekly date night even if you live together. Being in a lively atmosphere where the crowd just disappears will bring you back to your very first days of falling in love. And remember: Make an effort to look good for your big night.
- While it is important to make time for your significant other, it’s also essential to your personal contentment to ensure that you have an identity outside of your relationship. Devote time to yourself, your private hobbies, and your friends on a re
gular basis to maximize your satisfaction in everyday life.
2. Love yourself. When you have low self-esteem, a hovering black cloud covers your whole world. Dismiss yourself from the darkness and learn to love yourself exactly as you are. Express your gratitude for who you are.
- Stop talking about losing the extra ten pounds and just work on maintaining your current weight. Make it a point to invest time into your appearance each morning to ensure that you look fabulous before walking out the door. When you look good, you feel good, and confidence will beam from your pores.
3. Treat yourself. If you’re only working to pay bills and save money, life becomes monotonous. You can feel pampered without spending hundreds of dollars. Everyday joys are about the little things. These things do not have to cost a lot of money.
- Allow yourself to enjoy the fruits of your
hard work by treating yourself to a regular manicure, massage, video game, or DVD. I love Redbox – you can rent a dvd for just one dollar.
4. Exercise. If you’re currently a fan of spending your free time on the couch rather than the trails, it’s hard to imagine exercise as a form of bringing satisfaction into your life. But, once you begin exercising, you’ll become addicted to it!
- Get out into the great outdoors and enjoy the scents and scenery of nature. Or join a boxing class at your local gym. If you’re a people person, opt for the gym and if you’re an outdoorsy person, exercising with nature can become a form of meditation.
- Keep in mind that the more you exercise, the healthier you’ll be and the longer you’ll be able to enjoy life. You’ll also feel good, look good, and have agility to last indefinitely. When you are in this state of mind, th
e gratitude, joy, and happiness will continue to flow.
It’s true that the best things in life are free. While your occasional treat may cost a few dollars, you can feel content with your life without spending a lot of cash. I recently listed 10 things which bring me more gratitude and joy that are completely free. They are part of 1,001 things that bring more Gratitude to me.
Life is too beautiful to constantly put your needs on the backburner. Enjoy each and every day by making your happiness a priority. Look for the small, everyday moments that bring a smile to your face. Make the most of each moment to begin experiencing the joy-filled life you deserve today.
The Gratitude Guru