If low self-esteem has you feeling uninspired, and feeling gratitude is not where you want it, there are brighter days ahead. You have the power to renew your ego within a matter of days.
This is not a get fixed quick solution. You can’t just snap your fingers and Poof! everything is better. You may need to put in a little bit of work to overcome the roadblocks in the way of your rising self-esteem, but your efforts will certainly be worth it. Within a short period of time, you will be feeling the gratitude that you want to feel!
These tips will help you develop a healthy ego boost in no time at all:
1. Consider your gratitude needs. Do what makes you happy without allowing what others may think about you or your decisions to deter you. Once you stop worrying about keeping up with appearances, your mind and soul will be free. When your mind is free, it will go to the places that make you feel grateful.
- Living without fear of judgment will allow you to open doors that were once only a dream. Often, you’ll even find that your financial situation will improve because you aren’t making expensive purchases to keep up appearances.
- Sometimes, family can be your biggest judgment worry. If this is your situation, learn to set boundaries and allow the negativity to roll off. Occasionally, it may be helpful to listen to the advice of family members, but when that advice turns to criticism or begins to run your life, remember to put yourself first.
2. Take pride in your appearance. When you present yourself in a neat and stylish manner, your ego will instantly increase because when you look good, you feel good. You’ll automatically walk with your head a bit higher when you’re confident in your appearance.
- Contrary to common belief, it doesn’t take a lot of money to look good. Simply eat a healthy diet, treat your skin before bed each night, brush your hair, and ensure that your clothing is clean and pressed.
- If you’re concerned about your appearance, try to fix it. Set a goal to work out and shape your body the way you want it to be. If you’re unhappy with your nose, contour it with makeup. If you’re unhappy with your hips or tummy, purchase a body shaper. Almost all body issues can be addressed quite inexpensively.
3. Surround yourself with positivity. Surround yourself with people who care and appreciate you. If your friends and family are constantly giving you unwarranted criticism, this can undoubtedly lead to low self-esteem. Have a talk with the people in your life about how negatively their harsh comments affect you; if they truly care for you, they’ll put a stop to it immediately.
- Some people are simply hardwired to dish out negativity. If your circle includes people like this, you may have to distance yourself a bit from the negative influences in your life.
- Of course, your loved ones aren’t required to praise you in order to be on your priority list, but your efforts to give yourself a healthy ego boost will fall short if you’re constantly being torn down by the negativity of others.
- Rediscover an old hobby or find a new one. By involving yourself with something you enjoy, you’re creating your own positivity. You’ll feel better about yourself as you increase your happiness.
Developing a healthy ego may seem like a simple concept, but many people struggle with insecurity and self-doubt. However, if you’re able to effectively implement the tips above, you’ll notice your self-esteem rise quickly. Remember, you’re worth the effort and your contribution is important to the world.
The Gratitude Guru