Top 10 Ways Gratitude Enhances Your Life
Abundance surrounds you in many ways. Regardless of your station in life, there are many things that gratify you. What are you thankful for? Take a moment to ponder them.
Consider the ways that having gratitude makes your life better:
- You’ll be more enthusiastic. Research shows that when subjects recorded what they were thankful for in a journal on a regular basis, they reported having a larger sense of enthusiasm for their life than those who didn’t write about their gratitude. Acknowledge your gratitude. You’ll be glad you did!
- You’ll feel more determined to achieve your goals. When you take notice of the good things you have, you’re more likely to put your nose to the grindstone and keep working for whatever else you desire.
- Your level of optimism will soar. According to several studies, those who documented what they were thankful for were much more positive about how their life was going and how it would proceed. Being optimistic will fuel your passion to construct the life you deserve.
- Energy levels increase. If you have gratitude, you’ll have more energy to create the life you desire. Being aware of what you’re thankful for galvanizes your efforts to discover all that your life can be.
- You’ll pay more attention. Being thankful ensures you’ll be more alert and aware of how your life is going, what you’re doing, and how you can continue to build the life you seek.
- Levels of stress drop. As you live a life of gratitude, things that used to stress you out will lose their power. Instead, you’ll be entrenched in the wonderful world you’re living in.
- You’ll feel more content with life. Those who consciously have gratitude experience reduced levels of depression.
- You’ll exercise more. Those who show a sense of thankfulness had higher reports of exercising more than those who weren’t keeping a gratitude journal.
- Providing aid to others will come easier to you. When you notice all the positive things surrounding you, you’ll reach out to help others more often. When your soul is flooded with light and positivity, you’ll feel more like being there for others.
- You’ll discover the life you truly want. As unusual as it may sound, the research about gratitude indicates that those who have thankfulness in their hearts are more likely to achieve their goals. As your thankfulness grows, your dream life is built.
Open your eyes to the bounties that grace your world. When you do, you’ll live a more fulfilling life. Allow yourself to feel passion about the color of the fall leaves, the peacefulness of the snow falling, or the beauty of the blue sky. Notice the feel of a warm coat against your skin or the love in your child’s hug. Maybe you’re even grateful for that first cup of morning coffee.
Get started today on your own gratitude journal. Write about everything that you’re grateful for. As you begin to give thanks, you’ll find your dreams coming true.
Love this. Thanks for your reminder of how vital Gratitude is. My word for 2022 is ABUNDANCE… which os the first word in the first paragraph of your post. I like this!!!
Gotta be grateful for your abundance! Thanks, Diana!
I just finished watching a documentary about people leaving their country to try and start over somewhere new = better. Or so they think. Oftentimes naively.
One couple ended up coming back home, acknowledging that they underestimated just how *hard* it was going to be. We work day and night, do jobs we don’t even like, and we’re not making enough money to sustain our lifestyle.
I couldn’t help but thinking “now good old home ain’t that boring anymore, right? At least here you can get stable jobs with benefits that allow you a better work/life balance.” Things I try not to take for granted, even though I don’t write them in any journal.
It (always seems) is greener on the other side, that is for sure! Many times we do not see the behind-the-scenes of what it takes to make that look like that. It reminds me of a cartoon from when I was young,
“Yogi’s Ark Lark” – Yogi Bear and his friends set out to find “the perfect place.” It is no surprise, it turns out it was right at home!
Gratitude is so important. It doesn’t mean you can’t strive for more but you need to recognize the good in what you already have as well. My word for the year is COURAGE!
What a great word, Dominique! This year, I think my word will be Eudaimon
Of course I love this! Thanks for a great post, Paul!
Thanks for stopping by, Laura! I figured you would like it 😉
Great post, Paul! Just reading it made me start thinking of all of the things that I’m grateful for. This is one to keep coming back to.
Thanks, Victoria! This is something you can do as often as you want!
I love being positive and it makes me feel more determined to complete something. I don’t have time for negativity but I do have lots of time to help others!
I love it!
And in my opinion, you are doing the right thing!
Paul, what a great list! You are so right in everything you’re saying. I live in gratitude, and the Extraordinary keeps showing up abundantly.